It is engagement season! We are so excited for new brides to be starting that engagement journey but my bet is that you feel overwhelmed and aren’t sure where to start. Hence the title of today’s video! So here we go top 5 things to do once you are engaged–
- Enjoy a couple weeks of just being engaged! It is a special time and one that is precious so just enjoy a few weeks of this new part of your relationship.
- First things first, is discuss budget and guest list. These are the two hardest topics but budget will determine the number of guests you can invite. Have these conversations with each other and parents to ultimately decide on some numbers.
- Get your venue booked! Decide what is most important to you in a venue: can you bring your own alcohol, how many rental items are included like tables and chairs, can you do ceremony & reception at the same property, what catering company do you have to use there? Lock in a location and a date first.
- Book your wedding planner. Book your planner after you have booked your venue. Having a venue helps us have a vision of what you are looking for and the parameters we can create in. Booking your wedding planner now will allow you to get vendor referrals and recommendations so you are building a great vendor team.
- Dress time! Start shopping for THE dress. Remember it can take 6-8 months for your dress to even come in so get shopping once you have a venue because that will help with what style you should go with.
Hopefully these couple tips will help you get started in the right direction!